2009年12月10日 星期四

Set

Set

The game I'm introducing this week is Set. It's kind of like FITS that you can play it alone. I like this game a lot because I can kill time or wait for someone by playing Set, but mostly because it's like a puzzle game, which is my favorite game kind.


There are 108 cards in total. First, open 12 cards face up on the tabel, and then players has to find a "set". To explain "set", each card has four elements in three different kinds, which are number, shape, color, and shading. To complete a set, you have to find three cards in the twelve cards that has all of the same kind or all different kinds in each elements. When you find a set, yell "set", pick up the three cards, and show to others for them to check you're right. Then open three cards to make sure there are always 12 cards on the table.If you said "set" and found out you're wrong, move away a card from your pile, which means minus one point. If you can't find any, after all others are agreed, open another three cards. The game ends when all the cards are opened and there are no more sets on the table. After that count the cards you have, each card gets you one point.


I didn't often win, but I still like the game a lot. It's like training my brain and it makes me think. I even thought about buying one, but after few thoughts, I'll just play it in the store.


set:across and down

1 則留言: